Intersog® is a Chicago-based provider of ROI-driven custom web and mobile development specializing in delivery of full-service, end-to-end solutions and project resources to Fortune 500 companies, SMEs, and startups. We help our clients attack their ambitious business goals, solve skills shortage issues and become innovative by building Dedicated Software Development Teams in Ukraine and / or providing on-demand IT project resources to complete required skills on their in-house teams.
Our primary goal in partnering with our clients is to exceed their expectations and foster an ongoing relationship that envelopes innovation, industry leadership and business strategy while delivering products that bring exceptional user experience, brand elevation and market dominance.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced SEL RTAC Automation Engineer to join our client’s project (USA), focusing on developing solutions to facilitate rapid scalability in solar energy.
With the flexibility to work in the American time zone (at least until 1 pm CST).
- Must have Expert level knowledge of writing code for SEL RTAC devices;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical automation with experience in Industrial communication protocol;
- Bachelor’s degree/Associate degree/Certification in industrial automation and control or similar fields;
- Good understanding of IEC 61131-3 PLC programming ladder logic, structured text and function blocks;
- Good knowledge of ERCORT and CAISO Grid Interconnect requirements;
- Good knowledge and familiarity with industrial electrical automation and controls devices (including PLCs, HMIs, utility-scale inverters, substation relays, contactors, field instrumentation devices and protocols);
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Read and understand PV and BESS plant design specifications and grid interconnect requirements;
- Develop plant-specific control narrative and site acceptance test document from existing templates;
- Read project specifications and modify existing PPC program to align with individual project control narratives;
- Commission inverter-based power plant with SEL Power Plant PLCs, Modicon PLC, and other; electrical communication and protection devices;
- Tune power plant’s response to meet grid interconnect requirements;
- Write and test PLC program codes and/or HMI codes to meet project requirements;
- Coordinate, operation, maintenance, and repair of power plant automation and controls equipment;
- HMI and Control Panel set-up and testing (IP addressing, I/O check-out);
- Perform I/O check out, start-up, and commissioning on-site when required;
- Carryout grid interconnect test with ERCOT, CAISO and other ISO as part of plant commissioning scopes;
- Communicate and coordinate with other team members to commission power plant SCADA;
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competitive compensation based on your skills, experience, and customer satisfaction;
- Opportunity to work on challenging and exciting international projects;
- Flexible working hours and work remotely;
- Regular performance evaluation twice a year;
- Long-term contract with 20-25 paid time off working days (for vacation, sick, and personal leave);
- Corporate English courses from A1 to C1 level and monthly English-speaking clubs;
- Compensation of professional conference attendance according to the corporate policy;
- Compensation of medical insurance/gym according to the corporate policy;
- Casual, friendly, and family work environment, flat organizational structure;
- Newborn and wedding bonuses.